A perfect Mango Sorbet dessert recipe for a summer’s day, courtesy of Spice Roots
Buttermilk Panna Cotta
- 2 tbs water
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 8 oz heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 oz sugar
- 16 oz buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Buttermilk Panna cotta
- Sprinkle gelatin over the two tbs water in a small bowl.
- Let it soften for about 10 – 15 minutes
- Lightly spray ramekins/ any other containers you want to use with a oil spray
- Heat cream and sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves
- Increase heat and bring to a scald. Don’t let it boil.
- Add gelatin mixture, remove from heat and stir until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Cool the mixture to a lukewarm.
- Stir in the buttermilk and vanilla and divide mixture into prepared containers.
- Refrigerate panna cotta until set – 4 hours ( overnight if you plan to unmould the panna cotta
- A scoop of Holdens & Co. Mango Sorbet with the panna cotta along with some grilled mango.